HAVE YOU FOUND TERMITES?
HAVE NO FEAR
WE CAN HELP YOU
We understand finding termites can be stressful, but there is no pest problem too big for us. Let us worry about the pests, while you get on with the rest.
By answering a few simple questions, we can help you, get rid of the pests bugging you.
*All your information will only used for a quote or booking.
Termite inspections will help guard against termite attacks.
Subterranean termites commonly known as white ants are hard to find, they are small and elusive. Because of their subterranean habit, they are near impossible to detect termite activity until they track up (mud tunnels) out of the ground. Even when a full termite infestation is taking place within a structure they can be very difficult to detect. Because of this, the Australian standards recommend a termite inspection to be carried out on your home or building every 6 to 12 months.
Inspection equipment we use
- Density Probes
- Tramex Moisture Meters
- Torch, ladders
- Wall cameras
- Listening devices
- Termatrac termite radar
- Thermal laser
Termite Inspection Specialists
The most common inspection we undertake is the visual termite inspection which is done by Australian Standards by a licensed termite inspector. This is the starting point for any termite inspection. The name ‘visual termite inspection’ is somewhat misleading because we do much more than look:
- Our qualified termite inspector will inspect outside your home or building where there are trees, gardens, sheds and fence lines. They are mainly checked for any suspect termite workings and if found they will be probed to reveal any termite nests or live termites.
- The external perimeter of the building is inspected for evidence of termites, previous termite treatments and durable notices. The external path and garden levels joining your home or building are inspected and any extensions are noted, along with any highly conducive areas, such as loose garden debris, stumps, landscaping timbers and mulches.
- The search will then extend to the subfloor of the building if access or crawl space is available. Accessible timbers are sounded and probed for termites and any visual evidence of mud tracks extending up into your home or building will be reported. Particular attention must be paid to any areas where extensions connect to the original house.
- The interior of your house or building is density tested around walls, exposed timber framing including skirting boards, window and door frames. The walls are checked for any mud tracks which may lead to termite activity within the wall cavities. The internal wall linings are moisture tested, as excessive moisture is a common indicator of termite activity.
- The termite inspector will enter accessible areas of the roof void to check and probe timbers for termite damage. A visual search is carried out for mud tracks, including the periodic lifting of insulation to check the top plates of walls.
Once a visual termite inspection is complete and if required further invasive tests may be recommended. Often a property will have a very high risk of concealed termite activity due to its construction.
Quality and Care
It is important to let you know that all of our termite inspectors have continual up to the minute training and come highly recommended.
In saying this, it can take our termite inspector at least 1.5 hours to inspect each individual home or building. Each individual home or building inspection receives a 14 page written report out laying all areas inspected with findings and recommendations.
The report recommendations will be designed to help protect and reduce the chances of termite attack to your home which may include specific termite treatments and the best protection against termites suited for your home or building. This will be presented in a written proposal.
Rest Assured you will receive nothing but precision and care when using Your Local Termite and Pest Control Experts.
Your Local Termite and Pest Control offer competitive rates and service all suburbs across Beenleigh, Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich and the Gold Coast areas
Call now 1800 556 225 to book in your Termite Inspection with one of our Your Local Termite Experts.